A professional introduction to data logging! The stationary sensor station with a moving camera, new environmental sensor and other sensors, enables the measurement of air temperature, humidity, air pressure, air quality, volume and brightness. The models can be programmed and controlled with the graphical programming software ROBO Pro and the ROBOTICS TXT controller, and are ideal for teaching topics such as (data logging, programming and the use of actuators and sensors. The sensors’ data can be collected and plotted on a graph. In addition, the model can connect to a WiFi network, so that the camera can also be controlled from a distance. The TXT controller can also be connected to a cloud server, where the sensors’ data is saved and can be retrieved. So using a user interface, a so-called “dashboard”, the various sensor data can be permanently monitored, and the movement of the camera can be controlled. Further models and applications the pupil can first design and then control are: Barometer (measures air pressure), Damp monitor (measures humidity and air temperature), environmental wellness sensor (measures the air quality, temperature, humidity) with LED display, noise sensor (measures volume) and frost monitor (tests temperature against the freezing point). When the pre-set limit values are exceeded, the system alerts the user via an LED display or with an alarm tone. There are many more possible applications. The innovative teaching material from fischertechnik supports you in practically conveying technical understanding and giving them a real insight. The accompanying instructional booklet, with teaching and lesson materials, offers background information, projects , and programmer tips.
The product Robotics Sensor Station IoT is also available as a complete set. Also included in this complete set (Item No.: 544937) are the ROBOTICS TXT Controller, the ROBO Pro software and a power supply unit (9V, 2.5A).
(!) Security note: TXT Controller firmware version 4.2.4 or higher (!)
Please observe the following notes if the TXT Controller is operated in the so-called WLAN client mode:
- Always activate the WLAN encryption WPA2 in the TXT WLAN settings when you connect the TXT controller in WLAN client mode to a WLAN network
- Do not operate unknown or untrusted devices in the same wireless network with the TXT controller
- Select WLAN keys correspondingly complex, e.g. the preset WLAN keys of the current routers
- Do not give the WLAN key to third parties
This ensures that your TXT controller is reliably protected against unauthorized access even in this operating mode.
Additional Teaching Material:
Innovative fischertechnik learning materials support you in teaching technical concepts in a practical way and introducing them to your secondary school and college students or your apprentices. The included didactic activity booklet with teacher and instructional materials offers display models and tasks to help you quickly prepare lessons, and includes problems with solutions, handouts, and copy templates.Teaching materials are available on the included CD and for free download from the eLearning portal: www.fischertechnik-elearning.com
The total of 150 fischertechnik parts are clearly divided into two sorting inserts. Everything is delivered in a sturdy storage box, along with easy to understand assembly instructions for 6 models of different difficulty levels.
- 6 Models
- 220 Components
- Secondary level, Study / vocational school
- Instrumentation and control
- Interaction between hardware and software
- Use of actuators and sensors
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand the focal points measuring, controlling, regulating, and programming
- Experience the interaction between the High-Tech TXT Controller and the ROBO Pro software
- Understand how the USB camera, different actuators, and many sensors work
- Deepen and practice project and group work
In the construction set included:
- environmental sensor
- brightness sensor
- USB camera (1 MP)
- 2x encoder motor
- 2x push button
- Size of packaging 440 x 315 x 150 cm
- Number of models 6
- Number of parts 220
- Weight 2100 g