Breaking News is a tremendous language game that encourages children to practice a range of vital language skills.
You just got a fun and exciting job as an editor of your local newspaper! Your duties are to correct the errors found in each department’s headlines. You will be looking for errors in punctuation, spelling, verb tense, sentence grammar and vocabulary. Impress your boss by being the first to correctly edit all the errors, make your very own newspaper edition and break the news!
This newspaper-themed game is perfect for preparing learners for the spelling, punctuation and grammar tests. It is a multi-faceted language game.
HOW TO PLAY THIS GREAT LANGUAGE GAME:
• Race to create a complete newspaper, finding and correcting errors in headlines, before handing it in to the editor
• Continue playing until someone has collected a headline from each of the five departments (Entertainment, Sports, Weather, Business and Local News)
• There is a “Live News” room where players can take a headline from any of the departments they need.
• Game cards are self-checking with spelling, punctuation and grammar rules printed on them
• Perfect for 2-6 players
HOW TO EXTEND THE GAME:
• Play the game again. This time say the letter you think is correct and the spelling, punctuation or grammar rule associated with it. Move forward only if you get both the error and the rule correct
• After finishing the game, take the five headline cards and write an article for each. Make sure you refer to the headline in the article.
Download easy-to-follow Breaking News instructions
Product Code: LSP 0341-UK